SUNDAY SCHOOL NEWS: The Christian Education Team contacted individual families connected to RUMC via letter whose children are in Kindergarten through high school. Our purpose was to understand how RUMC might best serve the discipleship needs of each family. A short ten question survey was included (also available online) focusing on importance, length of time, start time, grade level and level of participation within RUMC. The results correspond with the nationwide trend (over the past 20+ years) which reveals declining interest in traditional “Sunday School”. Therefore, we are realigning our resources in areas families are better able to plug in to.
Christian Education/Discipleship for children and youth will happen through the following:
- “Children’s Church” for youth in K-6th grade from 10:20-11:15 a.m. for those attending the 9:15 a.m. service and for those attending the 10:30 a.m. service it will be following the Children’s Chat on Sunday mornings beginning today through May 19th, 2019
- A small group for Youth in 7th through 12th grade on Sunday from, 10-10:30 am, led by Suzanne McConnell beginning today through May 19th, 2019
- Kids For Christ After School Ministry (Kindergarten through 3rd grade) beginning September 11th through October 20th and January 15th through March 5th, 2019
- Youth (4th through 6th grade) Weekly on Sunday evenings September 9th through May 2019 with special gatherings and events in the summer months
- “Breakaway” for youth in 7th and 8th** grade, on Sunday Evenings September 9th through May 2019 with special gatherings and events in the summer months **Youth already a part of Sr. Youth in 2017-2018 will remain in Sr. Youth
- Youth (9th-12th grades) Weekly on Sunday evenings September 9th through May 2019 with special gatherings and events in the summer months
- Please note that Adult Small Groups will continue to meet at their regular time & place!
BEING DISCIPLES, MAKING DISCIPLES EVENT: September 20 from 9:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. at Wanake Camp & Retreat Center – The Chapel
For leaders of the church, Youth Group leaders, Counted Ministry, Small Group leaders, Admin. Council members and anyone who is interested. The church will cover the cost for those who would like to attend. They are serving lunch afterwards for those who would like to stay. RSVP by September 5th to the church office (740-765-4957).
KIDS 4 CHRIST (K4C) AFTER SCHOOL CHILDREN’S MINISTRY FOR KIDS K-3rd GRADE AN OPPORTUNITY TO SERVE! K4C will begin September 11th – October 30th from 4:40 p.m. – 6:30 p.m., one day per week (Tuesday’s). Please prayerfully consider helping this Ministry reach the young children in our area. Please contact Shari Tice 740-765-4216 or Wendy Byers (740-765-2042).
FELLOWSHIP HALL RENOVATIONS: Thank you for your generosity! $3,859 has been given, thus far. Following the presentation to Admin. Council on Sept. 17th, plan details will be shared with the congregation. Thank you, Steve Hawkins, Marge Andres, Mitzie Hennessey, Cindy & Joe Carducci for giving leadership to this project. You can give online or with your regular giving envelope marked “Fellowship Hall”.
ONLINE GIVING: Help is available in the office if you have questions about giving online.
KROGER CARDS: Thank you to all those who have been participating in the Kroger Rewards that benefit the Sr. Youth Group. If you aren’t signed up in the program & would like to be part of it, their organization number is PB919. If you need more information, please contact Betty Powley (740-543-8448) or the church office (740-765-4957).
THE RICHMOND UNITED METHODIST WOMEN are selling selected items of RADA Cutlery. Items may be purchased from one of the UMW officers. Check the bulletin board for items and prices.