Are you looking for a place to belong? You’ll receive a warm welcome at Richmond United Methodist Church.
We are a church dedicated to Jesus Christ. We are committed to outreach and to minister in His name.
There is an array of family oriented ministries providing opportunities for children, youth, and adults to grow in faith, to enjoy Christian friendship, and to serve Christ.
There is a place for you at Richmond United Methodist Church.
A Note From Pastor Georgette
Each fall, United Methodists around the globe prepare for the dreaded Charge conference…insert menacing music here. (Sorry, Rev. Winkler & Bishop Malone!) To prepare for Charge Conference, the Trustees must inspect the parsonage. The Nominations committee must fill key leadership roles in all ministry areas and the Staff Parish Relations Committee is required to complete a multitude of forms that can make even those who “love” paperwork to breathe a heavy sigh. LCPA, LCPL, Omnibus, Clergy Compensation, Leadership Rosters & Clergy Housing forms to name a few. We struggle to compile facts and figures, make goals for the coming year and reflect on the ministry of the church (a people not a place) as the year comes to a close. Tina compiles the many reports and sends them on to the Ohio Valley District, who sends them to the East Ohio Conference.
As 2016 is quickly coming to an end, it’s helpful to remember just some of the things God has done through this community of faith known as RUMC…
- We launched a new Website to invite, welcome and highlight RUMC.
- We hired an awesome Director of Discipleship. Many small groups have been or are in the process of being reworked. New opportunities to grow in discipleship and mission are in the planning stages. Greg has been working hard to provide training for our teachers and processes to keep everyone safe while they learn.
- Six people completed Lay Servant Training. We are teaching disciples to make disciples!
- In the office, new computer software allows us to be more efficient for meeting reminders, prayer requests and other church wide notifications. New attendance/finance software has simplified tracking who’s here, just as important, who’s missing.
- We are in the process of publishing our own pictorial directory.
- Coming soon, we will be able to offer electronic giving for those who wish to use it.
- VBS was one of the biggest in recent years. We celebrated in worship and at Austin Lake Park with over 100 people enjoying a picnic, the sunshine and one another.
- Some of our Youth went to YAC & we now have two CCYM Reps. The Youth went on life changing mission and have increased their average participation in weekly youth group.
- The Youth are leading worship several times a year.
- Jr. Youth has broadened it’s horizons to appeal to more interests and has increased participation, as well.
- We let go of the well loved Community Party to make space for the next big thing God was cooking up. On September 13th, under the leadership of Tera Scholl and Marci Crawford, a K-3rd grade after school ministry was born! K4C is mentoring eleven children & their parents (with more to come).
- Nine people have professed their faith in Christ here this year. Children AND adults have been baptized into the life and ministry of the Church.
I’m thankful for paperwork…it allows us to see how God is on the move at RUMC. Go God!